Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Bed

We slept on the floor for about 8 months. Money was tight getting settled here and a bed just wasn't a top priority for us. One of the other reasons we waited so long is that I wanted drawers under the bed for storage. Our "master" bedroom is very small and a bed, desk and dresser would make it feel crowded. We couldn't afford a new bed frame with drawers under it so I watched craigslist for months. I found an old waterbed frame and bought it for $40.

As soon as we got it home we realised our mistake. Waterbed queen and standard queen are not the same size. No worries, I had just bought a circular saw. (I love power tools.) We trimmed the supports under the bed so the drawers would fit underneath. Then we set our new mattress and box springs on top to make it into a platform bed.The rest of the frame went to a friend that has a woodworking shop. 

The bed has three drawers on each side.  
When I get the walls and floor done this room will look awesome.  All the carpet is green like this.
The living room and hallway are now hardwood.  
This is the frame that was too big. 

It looks good to me and sits high off the ground. The only thing I miss now is not having to worry about Jordan falling off the bed. It was so easy to put him to sleep on my bed and then whenever he woke up he would just crawl away.

No comments:

Post a Comment