Well this is a slow process. Now the living room is almost ready. Here are some 'in progress' pictures.
The walls had lots of places that needed patching. I did my best to hide them but if you're looking for the flaws you can see them. The patching and sanding took me so long because just when I thought I was ready to paint, I'd find another place with termite damage. No, our house does not have termites. We have a company that monitors for them quarterly. But the old damage is there. They eat the paper between the drywall and paint. So with light pressure in some places the wall would just start to crumble. I am afraid to replace drywall because I don't want to see what is on the other side of this wall. It may be scary!
This is the wood floor that was hidden under the carpet. It was very dirty and a little scratched.
Here is the "baby pea pod" green wall. If it was called "pea green" no one would buy it. So it is "baby pea pod." What a great job that would be, to name paint colors. I almost repainted this wall but then my Tennessee sister told me to keep it. I do like it, I just wanted it on the longer wall. It will look good with the piano against it.
Here is the gleaming beautiful wood floor after the sanding and polyurethane. If I were to do this again, I would have used a large belt sander instead of the oscillating one we used. It would have been faster and taken up some of the scratches better. We used 3 coats of water based polyurethane. (After the fact we heard oil based is a harder finish.) One of our church friends said we needed more coats. But we don't have the sander any more and to make another coat stick we would need to sand again. So now we have a beautiful floor that we are afraid we will ruin with the first piece of furniture we slide on to it. I need some suggestions here. All of my friends with hardwood floors - how do you keep them from getting scratched? What products work the best for cleaning?
Here is our new piano....in the messy kitchen. We were still in the process of trying to get the floor ready. We stayed up till 2am sanding and putting the first coats of polyurethane down. Dan suggested we call the piano store and delay the delivery again. Friday morning before the piano store even opened the piano delivery truck was here. This picture was taken on Friday with all the tools and sander still out. Talk about a loud piano! Dan thinks it wont be so loud when we get it next to the wall.
Now that I've painted the walls and you have a good idea of the colors. (green wall, black piano, khaki couch and wood trim color) What color of rug should I put in this room?
2 comments:
Shauna is so cute! I love the updates. I'm excited to finally see your house. We did buy our tickets last Monday!!!! I'll send the details later. Ella slept in her OWN room last night...what an adventure it was! Thanks for starting this blog...I love seeing makeovers!
You definintely need a red rug! It will look so good with the baby pea pod wall. :) Trust me. I'm the artist.
Post a Comment