Back to the fun stuff. Dan really wanted a polished ebony grand piano for our family. No we didn't get a grand! That would have to be for a house with a bigger living room. Dan picked out a polished black Essex brand upright piano. Someday he can trade it in for a grand. He told me we don't have to get the flat screen TV he has wanted for the last five years. He also is letting me paint the living room!
I had my friend come over and help me prep the walls. When we were at a stopping point we thought we'd look at the wood floor under the carpet. An hour later we had the carpet, carpet pad and tacks all out by the trash.
These pictures are from the people who sold the house to us. We don't have any of that furniture or wall hangings. The pictures don't show all the problem areas we had to fix. One wall had old termite damage. Lots of nail holes needed to be filled too. The ceiling was a darker color than the walls. It made the room feel smaller.
This picture is the only one I could get of our living room with our stuff in it. We had the old digital piano, a wild looking hide-a-bed couch and our computer. I love the wooden framed windows. I am going to keep the natural wood look rather than paint them. The carpet was really old and messy. We took the old curtains out a long time ago. They were hiding some problems and spiders.
Soon I will post the follow up pictures.




2 comments:
I'm excited to see what your hardwood floors look like!
can't wait to see the upcoming pictures!
Post a Comment